Anyone who suffers from seasonal allergies can tell you that this spring has been brutal. To make matters worse, being run down has many allergy sufferers picking up viral or bacterial infections. Karen Giles Acupuncture would like to help keep your body strong so you can enjoy the benefits the warm weather and this time of year has to offer.
A strong immune system can help ward off infection and help you feel bright and energized. Here is a list of ten top immune boosting foods you can add into your diet to strengthen your immune system.
- Garlic - antimicrobial and stimulates the immune system
- Fish Oil - strengthen cell membranes
- Leafy Greens - high in B vitamins, minerals, and beta-carotene
- Berries - high in antioxidants
- Citrus - high in vitamin C
- Chicken Soup - Mom was right, nutrient rich!
- Ginger - antioxidant and antimicrobial
- Elderberry - high in antioxidants
- Carrots, winter squash, sweet potatoes - high in beta-carotene and other phytonutrients
- Mushrooms - high in immune boosting polysaccharides